Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 16 July 2012

Info Post
Tune In Tuesday is hosted by the amazing Ginger at GReads!

For this week's Teen Years, I'm theme-ing it up again...with TV! Like every other kid, I watched a ton of TV. It's what I talked about, discussed with friends, got me through my homework: if I finish my AP Calc homework in time, I can watch this show! And sure, maybe TV rots our brains but it made me laugh when I needed it most, let me escape my life for 30 minutes or an hour, gave me new music, showed me actors to obsess over (Adam Brody <3), or made me realize that all the massive drama I was going through? Either not as bad as the Joey-Pacey-Dawson triangle, or that someone else was sharing it, too.

So! Without further ado, five TV shows of my teen years. Because this is a music meme, it limited what I could choose since I wanted to have ones with actual songs relating. There were plenty of other shows I watched*, trust me.

Dawson's Creek
Theme Song: I Don't Want To Wait by Paula Cole

No words need to be said about Dawson's Creek. We know the impact it had on our lives, even if now it's been reduced to Dawson's ugly cry face. Also, Pacey forever!


Say What? Karaoke
I LOVED THIS SHOW. I cracked up at people trying to sing all the songs and cheat the wheel. It's the only reason I know a lot of lyrics to certain songs now, and while I don't recall a theme song to the show, I will always always remember the instant karaoke death when the wheel landed on Chumbawamba's Tubthumping.

American Idol
Kelly Clarkson - A Moment Like This
Ahhh, the original and the best. I was there, voting for Kelly Clarkson to win, and I loved her. (Still do.) And while I can't stand the show now - it's been running about 7 seasons too long in my opinion - I will always remember rushing home from newspaper after school to watch her sing and see how Justin Guarini and Christina Christian were stacking up.


The OC
Theme Song: California by Phantom Planet
Who didn't watch this show when it first started?! You can't tell me Summer, Seth, and the train wreck that was Mischa Barton weren't hypnotizing. Good or bad, the world tuned in and made Orange County pretty famous. I later went to University in OC and laughed that I was going around to all the locations in the show. (and yeah, I love Adam Brody. He's from San Diego!)


2ge+her
Not quite the theme song, but the most memorable one: You + Me = Us (Calculus)
Truth be told, I didn't watch this show in the beginning, mostly because I was a die hard *NSYNC fan (STILL AM) and I didn't like the idea of parodying what I loved. But one day I randomly watched it and, naturally, loved it. I still reference this song today. Also: The Hardest Part of Breaking Up (Is Getting Back Your Stuff).

*Including but not limited to: TRL, Friends, One Tree Hill, Roswell, Radio Free Roscoe, Everwood, Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Will & Grace, Charmed, Off Centre.

What TV shows did you watch in your teens?
Tell me in the comments or leave your link and I'll hop by!

PS. Miss last week's Tune In Tuesday? It's about boys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment