Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 December 2011

Info Post
I recently made this tribal print collar by removing it from a dress that was undergoing major surgery (more on that soon!). In the past I've usually made detachable collars by cutting them off a shirt and keeping the top button to secure them at the neck.

However, I recently found that by actually replacing the top button and button hole with a hook and eye, you're able to get a much neater collar that sits infinitely better. I think because of the way that collars are secured onto shirts and dresses, they can sit a bit funny and too upright when worn as a detachable around the neck. To combat this I simply removed the pieces of fabric on which the top button and button hole sit, and sewed a hook and eye in their place. This is so simple and makes a huge difference to the overall look. 

DSC_0377
apairandasparecollar4
This is the dress I cut it off, you'll see the before & after of the dress very soon. How fun is this techni colour tribal printed fabric? Oh btw, I'm wearing a DIY wrapped black bustier in these pics but you can't see it - just in case you were thinking I like to get around in just detachable collars!

apairandasparetribaldress2
apairandasparetribaldresss1


Follow via Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment