Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 25 September 2011

Info Post
The cobble stones of Somerset House are, to me, the alltime background for amazing streetstyle. There's something about that grey brick that makes everyone's outfits pop - and when the sun shines (rarely) the cobble stones do too. Can't believe a year ago I too was shakin my tail feather on those cobbles,  it feels like a lifetime ago - remember this? Enough reminiscing, here are my fave DIY inspiration pics from the streets of SS12 London Fashion Week.

Left: Amazing dress that takes 3D flowers to another level! Colour photocopy the print of your dress and then cut out the flowers and overlay them on the dress, using padding so the flowers sit up. Right: Gorgeous Kit plaits her hair with a scarf, fantastic!

I love these square style rings, check out your local plumbing shop which may have some square fixtures like these? I have been on the lookout for something similar, will keep you in the loop if I find some!

The perfect cut off shorts (make them yo'self!) paired with a simple yet elegant outfit of blazer and white shirt. I'm dying over the mulberry fedora.

This shirt just screams deconstructed to me - you could cut and re-sew a few shirts together in varying denim colours. Or for a simpler version, swap the pockets of a few different coloured denim shirts.

Simple bag update - tie a scarf to the handle. Was so happy to see so much of the lovely Peony in all the streetsyle snaps!

Monotone paint splattered boots, yes please! Geez, I don't think I'll ever get sick of looking at these, this style of boot is so so soo flattering. They're the perfect compromise between flats and heels.

Collar tips, easy peasy! Erica and Lauren of Honestly Wtf show you how here.

This pic reminds me of making a dress by attaching some ostrich feathers to a knit. Edit: Thanks Kit for letting me know this pic is the lovely Shini!

Images: The Style Crusader, Style Slicker, Tommy Ton for Style.com

Stay tuned for my DIY Streetstyle Roundup of Paris and Milan Fashion Weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment