Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 27 March 2012

Info Post
I've been working from home recently and although it was probably more of an attempt to slack off from actual things that needed doing, I went a bit crazy a few days ago and plastered a wall in my apartment with inspiration - project ideas, goals and other bits and bobs to get my DIY obsessed juices flowing. Although my pinterest boards are a favourite place to store ideas, I can't go past the textual and visual appeal of a real life pinboard. 

Here's how to create your own:
- Build your board using either an oversized frame, giant cork board (like this) or stick directly onto the walls using blue tack - put up some paper first if you think our landlord/mother will strangle you if you ruin the wall.
- Gather things that inspire you - magazine cut outs, postcards, vintage butterick patterns, recipes, quotes etc. 
- Cluster your inspiration around key themes (so pinterest!) - ie things I want to do this year, things I want to eat (cue pictures of nutella crepes), things I want to make (check out the rest of this blog if this theme is a little empty...), things I want to buy etc. Feel free to also sort into colour groups if you're feeling particularly like procrastinating.
- Add textual items like soft leather, fabrics, ribbons, jewelry, feather etc etc for that extra little something -  take that pinterest!
- Leave up for a few days, a year or take down and put back up every week. It's up to you!

And what better way to be inspired to create your own real life pinspiration board than to gather some, ahem... inspiration? And yes, for those of you who are wondering, I used pinterest to find many of these images... The addiction continues!

workspaces2
workspaces3
workspace
workspaces
workspace2

Images: Design Sponge, The Coveteur, Decor8, Daily Imprint, The Glitter Guide, My Ideal Home, The Decorista, Marcus Design Inc, A Beautiful Mess, New York Times Magazine

0 comments:

Post a Comment