Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 23 August 2011

Info Post

I have an insane addiction to shiny things. I went through a phase where I only bought shoes if they were black and patent. Now it's glitter encrusted shoes that I can't get enough of. It started with the Giuseppe Zanotti glitter finished boots. Now the Miu Miu Glitter heels have taken the spotlight and promise to be the it-shoe of the season. Unfortunately I would need to leverage myself a bit too much for my comfort to be able to afford these babies, so I recently went about recreating the look.

Unfortunately I couldn't emulate the distinctive rounded toe and bent heeled style of the Miu Miu shoes, so I used pointed shoes that I already had. Bright pink Louboutins in fact. I picked them up from a Hong Kong flea market for about $5, cos that's how HK flea markets roll ya'll. They still had the Lane Crawford price tag on which said $2800HK (roughly $400). But the patent finish was completely cut up  - unfortunately unfixable. The previous owner had tried to fix it with ill-matched pink nail polish, rookie! So they were perfect for my glitter project.

You'll need:
Heels
Gold glitter
Acrylic glue
Sandpaper
A paint brush

How to:
1. Clean the shoes, and then lightly sand them to rough up the surface so the glue sticks properly.
2. Mix the glue and glitter together in a container.
3. Paint the shoe with the glitter glue.
4. Sprinkle with extra glitter to fully coat the shoes. Don't worry about getting glitter inside the shoes, just clean them up once the glue has dried.
5. Since these pics were taken I have also done a second coat on the heel part of the shoes - there were some spots I had missed. You may get away with a single coat, but feel free to do a second coat if required.


Voila! Best worn with skinny trousers rolled at the hem.  I think in retrospect these heels look more like these Givenchy ones or the glittery Christian Louboutin pumps worn by Carrie in the SATC movie - but my original inspiration was the Miu Miu ones.

Follow via Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment