Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 24 September 2012

Info Post
I only usually blog about the shows that absolutely bowl me over but every season like clockwork I write about Dolce & Gabbana. They have such an amazing eye for silhouettes and Spring 2013 is no exception - and this time they have used raffia and a whole heap of other gorgeous natural materials. The collection was inspired by childhood holidays in the Sicilian beach town of Taormina and is complete with parasol striped bodice sets, the scarf headbands and raffia totes and flats. I just know that brightly coloured raffia, hessian and beading will be at the top of my project list, and I doubt I'll be able to wait until next summer to get started. I have a major crush on that burlap circle skirt and the bustiers- stay tuned!

diy inspiration dolce and gabbana
diy inspiration dolce and gabbana4

Never did wearing a hessian sack look so good! Time for a recreation perhaps?
diy inspiration dolce and gabbana2

These structured bodice dresses made from wicker are beyond amazing. Truly a work of art.
diy inspiration dolce and gabbana3

And the raffia earrings? They just scream 'make me!!!' Now it's time to start hunting for supplies.
diy inspiration dolce and gabbana7

I'm such a fan of the gorgeous beach town of Taormina - it was paradise when my boyfriend and I visited in 2007. In fact I love the whole of Sicily, if you ever get a chance to visit you should take it!

Images: Vogue.com & Oyster Magazine

0 comments:

Post a Comment