Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 13 November 2012

Info Post
I couldn't help but share another sneak peek of some of my favourite projects in my new book! The gorgeous (and amazingly talented) Candice Lake took this photo while I was at Sydney Fashion Week earlier this year of me wearing the DIY Lace Hem Shorts and DIY Studded headband - both of which you'll find the tutorials for in DIY Fashionista. I actually reworked the shorts from a pair of trousers I found in a thrift store, and then changed their look completely by adding scalloped lace. The things you can do with secondhand store finds and a little elbow grease! This sort of outfit, mainly consisting of DIY and thrifted pieces, shows that you don't have to spend a packet in order to feel chic and fit in amongst the impossibly chic Sydney fashion set. A pretty simple equation (which I've broken down for you next to the image), this outfit took me from hosting a Harper's Bazaar lunch, to taking in a few shows and then being interviewed with ease (and then on to a kebab in Kings Cross sometime after midnight - but we won't dwell on that). Hurrah for DIY!

Blogger Geneva Vanderzeil wears pieces from her new book DIY Fashionista


Wearing: DIY Studded Headband, H&M Knit, Utility vest found in a market in Hong Kong, DIY Scalloped Lace Shorts, Chloe Bag and Zara heeled booties (not seen).

Note the three colours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment