Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 13 April 2012

Info Post
If you haven't heard about Rock the Drop, click here! It's basically a day to support and celebrate Teen Lit Day, where you leave a YA book somewhere for a reader to find, pick up and enjoy. And it is AMAZING.

I was a last minute participant as I wasn't sure of my schedule for the day, thus I was entirely unprepared for it - but I managed to scrounge up a few of my loved-and-ready-to-let-go books; as well as ran out to purchase a few shiny new ones, too. As I'm sure most book bloggers are, I believe strongly and am passionate about reading and education, especially in the teenage years; so I didn't mind dropping some dollars to go towards this :)

Seriously, I'm jealous of whoever picked up some of these - I haven't read two of them, and I don't own my own copies of some!

These are the books I dropped!
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares
Divergent - Veronica Roth
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
The Maze Runner - James Dashner
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

And here they are, all around my sleepy suburb in North-ish San Diego :)  I wanted to go to parts that were a little less affluent than my area, but I didn't have the time.  Next year!
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants made it to a Starbucks chair.
The freshman steps at the SE corner of my old high school.
I swung by an hour after my drop and it was already gone!
The Maze Runner at a local Boys & Girls club basketball courts.
Friends were here 3 hours after my drop and said it was gone!
Thirteen Reasons Why riding a ginormous turtle statue behind one of the local libraries!
Divergent chills in the sunshine behind a fountain outside a BN, Jamba Juice and Claire's.
And my last drop, the Hunger Games by the fire pit outside my favourite Coffee Bean.
Seriously, most of my blog posts are done here. Love it.
Rock the Drop was SO SO much fun (a friend even ran around town helping me), and I hope they made it to happy homes! I'm gonna swing by most of the places I went later today to see if they're still around. All of them had bookplates and a happy reading sign, though Divergent included a special note about the sequel and encouragement to pass along the book to fellow readers.

I definitely look forward to next year and doing this again!  Did you Rock the Drop? Find any around your town?

0 comments:

Post a Comment