Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 27 November 2011

Info Post
Please forgive me for posting about two Carven inspired DIYs in the last couple of weeks - ok so I've clearly got the amazing French brand on the brain. But how fun are these bow embellished pumps?  The lovely (and did I mention super cute?) Ren of SEMI sent me this project a little while ago and I just knew you guys would simply love it. What better time for a little Guest DIY than on a Monday morning? The best news, it's such an easy DIY, and that's what this blog's about right?







Ren said  'I loved the heels with bows in the Carven resort collection this season and thought they were too easy not to make. I used the straps from a hideous bunny-chewed pleather bag that needed to go. My old black pumps needed some love anyway.' 
 
You Need:
  • a pair of pumps
  • scraps of leather or pleather
  • scissors
  • hot glue

How to: 
1. Cut the leather into rectangles for the bows of around 10 - 12 cm long and 4 cm wide,  and two smaller strips or around 5cm long and 1 cm wide
2. Using scissors, round the ends and then pinch them in the middle to create the bows.
3. Wrap the smaller strips around the pinched in sections and glue the back side to secure.
4. Glue the bows to the back of your heels. You could easily stitch a snap to the bow/your shoe if you didn't want the bows to be permanent, or attach with and hook and eye to be able to put them on and take them off.


Ahhh, so cute!


For me this type of DIY project epitomises everything good about making things yourself. It's a simple, well executed  idea that takes only a little time and uses inexpensive materials - but manages to update the whole look of an item. What more could you want? I hope you have a go!

Make sure to pop over toRen's blog SEMI and snoop around.

Follow via Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment