Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 25 November 2011

Info Post





Another part of the house finally finished!  The entry design caused a lot of angst between the architect and me as he felt the area was too large and a waste of space - I held my ground and am so glad that I did as it has become like an extra living area and helps to balance the house.




Now some answers to some of your questions:-

Fireplaces - both the fireplaces (dining/living room and study) are full masonry with no firebox inserts.  They have identical french reproduction mantelpieces sourced from Architectural Heritage (sadly no longer in business).  They are truly one of my favourite things in the house!

Dining/Living Room Cupboard - this cupboard was built for us by the same cabinetmaker who did the kitchen, study, bathrooms, laundry, wardrobes .... just love everything that he does and it's such fun designing things with him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment