Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 19 February 2012

Info Post
I've been quite busy this week keeping up with all the New York Fashion Week shows, in between moving house, resigning from my job and all sorts of other life changing activities. As usual I kept my eyes peeled for DIY inspiration on the runways, working out what projects I'll be doing come next autumn/winter. Here's a little round up of just some of the details that caught my eye.
 
3.1 Phillip Lim - Clear collars caught my eye straight away, and peplums created by rounded zips in mossy green suede jackets have got me thinking of my next project.

The Row - I loved the fantastic chain strap bum bags / fanny packs, and the woven ribbon strap flats.


Band of Outsiders - Oversized blanket capes and coats featured heavily on the NYFW runways, and I loved the mix of colours in this Band of Outsiders version. I can so see myself making something like this come next winter.

Karen Walker - As soon as I saw the Karen Walker show I was drawn to the shoes - fabric covered and oh so DIYable.

Derek Lam - Gold cap toe brogues screamed DIY at Derek Lam - along with very cute contrast printed collars.

Theyskens' Theory - Bleached tees and sheer skirts made me immediately think of my next DIY project - you can make your own sheer skirt by following this tutorial.

MSGM - Spiked heels? Yes please. Stay tuned for the DIY.


Proenza Schouler - This was one of my favourite collections at NYFW - and I think that the angled skirts could be very easy project to recreate by attaching fabric to the front of a mini skirt.


Dean Quin -  I fell in love with the strategically placed zips in these dresses and think they could be an easy project that so easily changes the look and feel of a dress.


Diesel Black Gold - Paint splattered jeans and shorts with leopard print fabric sewn over the top. Perfectly DIYable.


Peter Som - These feather embellished heels are to die for - and such a simple update to a pair of heels.


Rodarte - amazing star embellished hair combs - love them and will definitely be making my own version.


0 comments:

Post a Comment