Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 26 February 2012

Info Post
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, meant for bloggers to showcase the books they've acquired in the past week via library, purchase, review, etc.

Normally I only try to do this every other week, but I uh...went a little crazy and am hoping to knock out some of these library books before next Sunday.

Purchased
Where Things Come Back - John Corey Whaley
Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley. If you follow me on Twitter,
you know how long I have been waiting to get my hands on this. Hooray! (It was also my first WoW pick!)

Purchased from 
Friends of the Library Bookstores
I will never understand why people don't utilize library-affiliated bookstores more often. The books are in great condition, cheap, and all the money goes to support the library. Win-win! 
(Total cost of all these books: $3.50!)
Be More Chill - Ned Vizzini (hardcover)
Perfect You - Elizabeth Scott
Lovesick - Jake Coburn
The Truth About Forever - Sarah Dessen
elsewhere - Gabrielle Zevin (hardcover)

Library
A ton of holds came in at the same time and the date limit came up so I had to get them before finishing all the others I have. Why do I do this to myself?
Juliet Immortal - Stacey Jay
The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Lynn Weingarten
Irises - Francisco X. Stork
There is No Dog - Meg Rosoff
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare

And if anyone is keeping track, you might be thinking I accidentally included a book here that was already shown last week.  Not so, my friends:

I never know which hold will come in first so oftentimes I double up and put the same book on hold at the County Library and the Public Library. Normally it works out that one comes in well ahead of the other and I just cancel the second, but these came in close to each other. Which actually works out for me, because I decided to re-read Clockwork Angel first and I don't think I'll make it all the way through CP before the first copy is due. But sorry San Diego county, I'm hoarding CPs!

What's in your Mailbox? Leave your links and I'll swing by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment