Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 15 February 2012

Info Post
Today I'm going to share with you a guest post from the lovely Julia of Free People. You may remember I posted about embellished denim cut offs a while ago, and so we decided to bring you a project you're all aching for - a tutorial for studded denim cut offs. Julia take it away!

denimshorts

I have been wanting to do this DIY for quite some time now, but with the current denim dressing feature on our website and studded trend I told you about yesterday, the stars all aligned and it finally came together this week! I’ve seen many ways to stud a pair of cutoffs or jeans, but the two images above, found on tumblr, really stood out to me. I love the subtlety of the triangle of studs on the cutoffs, and the torn back pocket folding over to reveal studs on the inside. The best part about this project is how easy and fun it is to do!


What you need: A pair of jeans or cutoffs (I used the fp denim cutoffs) and some studs of whatever shape or size you choose.


I decided to use these little silver pyramid studs, and laid them out first on the shorts to make sure that’s where I wanted them.


I was able to poke the prongs of the stud right through the shorts very easily – then just press them down flat to hold the stud in place!



If you want to, you could also sew a piece of fabric over the studs, just to make them more comfortable against your skin.



I wish someone had warned me about how addicting studding can be… I now have the urge to stud all my clothing! 

Thanks Julia! I know that Free People have some studded  bits and pieces too if you are looking for inspiratio for your own studded project. And be sure to check out Free People's blog and keep an eye out for future DIY collabs. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment