Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 27 June 2012

Info Post
I've been wanting to make myself a cone stud bracelet for so long, and recently got my hands on some of these metal stud beads in my local craft store. I knew straight away what I was going to make out of them!

On a side note, I admit I may have over-neoned myself recently so I love that this clutch has just a hint of neon yellow, which is perfect worked with a simple black and white outfit. But for those of you worried you've seen the last of DIY neon goodness from me - dont worry, I've got a few neon projects up my sleeves that I'm sure you'll see soon!

diy spike bracelet 13
diy spike braceletss2
Wearing: DIY Cone Stud Bracelet,  Poupee Couture clutch from Boticca, Lace shorts designed by me, DIY Midriff top, Tony Bianco Heels, Nick Campbell Sunglasses

You need: 
Around 20 metal stud beads
A length of elastic to fit around your wrist
Two clamp beads
Beading plyers
Scissors

diy spike bracelet 1

1. Thread one of the clamp beads onto the elastic.
diy spike bracelet 2

2. Using the beading plyers, clamp the bead down so it acts as a knot at the end of the elastic.
diy spike bracelet 3

3. Thread the studded beads onto the other end of the elastic and work them towards the clamped end.
diy spike bracelet 4

4. Continue with all the beads.
diy spike bracelet 5

5. Once all the beads are on, put the other clamp bead onto the end of the elastic and clamp shut.
diy spike bracelet 6

6. Now take the two ends of elastic and tie them in a knot tightly - double knot it to be sure.
diy spike bracelet 7
diy spike bracelet 8

8. Use scissors to trim the end of the elastic.
diy spike bracelet 9

Et Voila! Super simple and perfect for stacking amongst all your other jewelry.
diy spike bracelet 6
diy spike braceletss

Outfit details at the top of the post.

This bracelet recently featured on Buzzfeed where ...Love Maegan and I made metal arm candy pieces. Fun!




0 comments:

Post a Comment