Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 9 October 2011

Info Post
If you've been following me for a while you'll know that I fell in love at first sight with the Jason Wu AW11 collection. Gorgeous tailoring, velvet bow ties and thigh high splits were topped off with one stand out piece for me - a lace embellished sweatshirt. Inspired by this gorgeous collection, I recently embellished an Asos Lightweight Sweatshirt with some scalloped lace to wear to the Asos Tea Party. You may remember I did something similar to a pair of J Brand Jeans a while ago.


The project was really quite simple - I just pinned some scalloped lace along the shoulder seam and down the side of the sweatshirt and then carefully handstitched with black thread all the way around.

Update: In response to a question from a reader, in the corner where the lace does a sharp turn, I cut it and then layered the bottom piece underneath.


And voila! It's such a simple way to update a basic piece.


Have you voted for your favourite Asos Tea Party look yet? Make sure you do because one voter gets £250 to spend at Asos! Voting closes Oct 17th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment