Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 19 October 2011

Info Post
Best collection of the whole of Fashion Month? For me it has to be Carven. Ok, so I know that's a big call, but I challenge you to find another show with such perfectly measured ingredients. Dainty collars, digitised tribal and aztec prints, cut outs, lace inserts, embellished ikat shoes, technicolour backpacks, leather harnesses and a palette of reds, pinks, yellows and mustards. How Carven did all that without over-doing it is a mystery to me, but it works.

Of course, it wouldn't be a favourite if it didn't inspire a million different DIY ideas - so look forward to seeing a heap of cut outs, bright collars, embellished shoes and lace inserts here in the months to come. Why wait for these pieces to hit the stores in Feb/March next year when you can DIY them yourself? The whole seasonal thing has become so blurry to me that I have no problem mixing summer and winter colours.


Images via Eight London and My Fashion Diary and Style.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment